Hello and welcome back for another day of inspiration on the Avery Elle Blog Hop. Our team just love all the cute designs available and today Cathy shares some sweetness using What's Up? clear stamp set.
Chameleon Color Tones Deluxe pen set, Warm Sunset (Yo3) and Bark (BR5), What's Up? clear stamp set, Twinery Twine, Brown Button, Madison Patterned Paper, Brown and white card stock, Memento Rich Cocoa Ink and Versafine Onyx Black Ink, Perfect Layers mini.
1) Mask off the top portion of a piece of white card and then stamp the body and neck of the giraffe using Memento ink (the head will be stamped on the masked off area).
2) Remove the mask and re-position over the body and most of the neck, then ink up the stamp again and line up the neck to the existing stamped image and stamp the neck and head again (this will give the giraffe an elongated neck).
3) Stamp the sentiments along the side of the giraffe's neck with Versafine ink.
4) Colour the Neck using Warm Sunset; infuse the brush nib of pen for around 10 seconds and work from the centre of the neck towards the outside edge. The infuse the Bark pen for around 3 seconds and colour the spots,then change to the bullet nib and infuse for 3 seconds again and add dots to the spots.
5) Matt and layer the image onto Brown card and Madison Patterned paper using the Perfect Layers Mini.
6) Add button and twine to finish.
We love how versatile these stamps are, Cathy has used the same stamp to create this baby card too.
Chameleon Color Tones Deluxe Pen Set; Purple Grape(PR4), Bubble Gum (PK3), Royal Blue (BL6), Avery Elle What's Up? stamp set, Dotted Elle-ments die, Pink, blue, white and patterned card stock, Memento Rose Bud and Blue Lagoon ink and Versafine Onyx Black ink, pink buttons, pearls, Perfect Layers Mini and twine.
1) Die cut tag from white card and then two thinner tags from pink and blue card (by placing the die slightly off the cutting mat it is possible to only partially cut through the paper allowing you to reposition the die to extend it in length).
2) Stamp the giraffes using Memento ink and then colour using the same technique as in the first card. Stamp sentiment using Versafine ink.
3) Attach elements to layered card base and add buttons, pearls and twine to finish.
The images were stamped and die cut and then colored using Chameleon Color Tone Pens Crimson Red, Royal Blue, Warm Sunset and Sky Blue.
Thanks for joining us again today, don't forget to sign up for our newsletter here and leave a comment below as it is your last chance to be entered into the draw for a Chameleon 5 pen set. Also hop on over to the Avery Elle blog here to be in with a chance of winning a $50 gift certificate. The draw closes at 11.59pm GMT tonight and the winner will be announced on the 27th April 2015.