Hi and welcome to Friend Friday, this is where we share projects with one of our crafting friends!
This month we are playing with Impression Obsession, their high quality stamps and dies are the perfect partners to Chameleon Pens! Our design team had so many inspirational products to choose from; when you look at the list of Crafting Royalty that design for them you will see why, with artists like Dina Kowal, Seth Apter and Julie Fei-Fan Balzer to name but a few of their team. You know you are going to create something amazing with their products!
Leah was inspired by her own love for flowers and is always so happy to be given a bunch of them in her favorite colors that she took that inspiration and was able to match it with colors from the Chameleon Pens.
Materials Used:- Chameleon Color Tones Deluxe set, Aqua Marine (BG4), Cool Gray (CG8), Spring Green (YG3), Bubble Gum (PK3), Summer Sun (YL2) and Crimson Red (RD4), Impression Obsession Spring Medley and Celebrate stamp sets, white cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, My Favorite Things dies.
- Cut white cardstock to 4” x 5 ¼”. In Tuxedo Black ink stamp two of the hearts from the Celebrate set all over the panel.
- Using Aqua Marine (BG4) and the brush nib, charge for 15 seconds and from one side of the heart to the other color in one pass. Using Cool Gray (CG8) and the brush nib, charge some for 10 seconds and some for 5 seconds to finish coloring the smaller hearts.
- Cut a small strip of white cardstock and stamp sentiment. Stamp two flower bunches using the Spring Medley set and color the first bunch using Spring Green (YG3) and the brush nib and charge for 5 seconds and color the leaves. Using Bubble Gum (PK3) and the brush nib, charge for 5 seconds and color the flowers. Using Summer Sun (YL2) and the brush nib use pure color to color the flower centers. For the second bunch of flowers use Crimson Red (RD4) and the brush nib and charge for 3 seconds to color flowers. Use Spring Green (YG3) and Summer Sun (YL2) in pure form for the flower middles and leaves. Fussy cut the flower bunches.
- Assemble card.
Annette Allen has created this adorable milk carton "Be Brave"
Annette was inspired by Spring so she wanted to create this fun stamped butterfly background.
Materials Used: Chameleon Pens: Deep Violet (VO4), Bubble Gum (PK3), Summer Sun (YL2), Grass Green (GR3), Sky Blue (BL3), Spring Meadow (YG3) and Crimson Red (RD4), Impression Obsession: Butterflies, Lawn Fawn: Milk Jug die, Lil’inker Designs: Square stitched dies, May Arts burlap string, Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad and Score-tape.
1. Cut 6"x 11" piece of white card-stock, stamp butterfly images on white card- stock using Memento Tuxedo black ink.
2. For each section of the butterflies infuse each color for 5 to 10 seconds. Give each butterfly a different shade. Infuse for 10 seconds for lighter color and 5 seconds for more of a deep color. Make them all different.
3. Using the Milk Jug die cut out two shapes and adhere together to create fun shape.
4. Die cut stitched square and stamp sentiment.
5. Wrap burlap string to top of milk jug along with the sentiment. Tie a bow.
Annette has created a second project for us on wood she wanted to create these fun stamped wood tags to put on gifts this Spring.
Materials Used: Chameleon Pens: Bubble Gum (PK3), Summer Sun (YL2), Sky Blue (BL3), Spring Meadow (YG3) and Crimson Red (RD4), Impression Obsession: Framed Phrases, Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Misti and wood tags.
1. Place wood tags on Misti and use magnets to keep in place while you stamp the image. You might have to ink up a couple of times to get a bold outline.
2. Color directly onto the wood with Chameleon Pens. Do not infuse just use the bold bright color.
We hope you enjoyed what the team created today, we will have more designers back next week for more Impression Obsession Friend Friday.
But before you hop on over to the Impression Obsession Blog, we would like to offer a prize draw, we will give away a 5 pen set (colour of your choice) to one lucky winner once the hop has ended at the end of the month. To enter, sign up for our newsletter (top right of page) and leave a comment each Friday during the hop (one entry for each comment and only one comment per post please). The draw will close at midnight GMT on the 30th April 2016.
Now time to visit our friends at Impression Obsession here.