We love summer, the chance to mess about on the water and maybe even see the odd mermaid! Well, may be a bit far fetched but we have a Mermaid Card from Ilina as the next best thing.
Supplies: Chameleon Deluxe pen set, Little Mermaid 2 stamp by Lili of the Valley, Neenah White card stock, Labels framelits by Stampin' Up!, Prima flowers, Organdy ribbon by Stampin' Up!, Pool Party card stock by Stampin' Up, Romance and Roses paper pad by Lili of the Valley, Memento in Tuxedo Black ink pad. Instrustions:
1. Stamp image onto white card stock using the Memento ink pad.
2. Color the image using your Chameleon Pens.
- For the mermaid's body I used Olive Green and Aqua Marine pens. Infuse the Aqua Marine pen for 15 seconds using the toning medium, then starting from the middle color the body towards the tail, then infuse the Olive Green pen for 15 seconds and color from the middle towards the top of the mermaid. For the tail infuse the pens for 7 seconds. For the wings 5 seconds each, and for the shells on her head infuse the pens (the bullet nib) for about 2-3 seconds each.
-for the mermaid's hair use the Bark pen and infuse it for 10 seconds using the toning medium and color the top of her hair, for the little strands of hair use the bullet nib and infuse the pen for 2-3 second.
- for the sea horses use Seville Orange (bullet nib and infuse it for 2-3 seconds for each part) and the Fawn pen (infuse for about 7 seconds for each sea horse)
- at the end outlne each part with blender pen and then with the Sky Blue pen, then go back with the blender pen to soften the lines.
3. cut the image using the label framelit.
4. Cut 4" x 5 1/4" mat from the patterned paper pad.
5. Cut 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" Pool Party mat. Layer the two mats together and tie ribbon in the middle.
6. Using dimensionals adhere the image onto the layers.
7. Adhere flowers.
8. Adhere the whole layer onto white card base ( 4 1/4" x 11" piece scored at 5 1/2").
We hope this watery scene has inspired you to get out your pens and color something fun this summer!